Tuesday, December 29, 2015

A helping of feelings

I've taken this entire week off from work. I'm not sure what I expected to do with all the time I have but after one day I wasn't expected to be so tired. I'm also working on a really bad attitude since the weather caught up with the day on the calendar. Winter has raised it's ugly head as it does this time of year, every year, as expected. I'm not sure why I am always surprised when this happens. I'm not sure why I always get indignant and act like it's such the unexpected intrusion on my life. If this was a romantic comedy I guess my line would be, "but I can't help how I feel!" 

Well, get over your dramatic self. Where is your gratitude? How many different things can you count that are just about over-the-top awesome in your life? I can't count for you but I know, and not to brag, but I have many more that I should be placing up at the top of my use of energies list. Why wouldn't I do that? 

Let's stop putting all the great energies into the things that make us feel the worst. Stop making the bad things that spring to mind the priority. There must be a trick to push those negatives aside to focus on the totally wonderfulness we have at this moment. The whiny girl in the romantic comedy needs to grow up. Yes, you can help how you feel. Now that you've acknowledged it, put those wasted energies somewhere better. Make use of them somewhere that isn't dwelling on the downside of what might be going on. Once you move on you won't be thinking about it so much.

Then, I bet, you'll feel at lot warmer and a little bit less tired.
TT

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Life is what it throws at you, Hunch down and take it.

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT