Saturday, May 14, 2011

Never left

It's almost end of day Saturday and I never left the house.  I managed to get away with never changing out of my too large jean shorts and old baggy tank top.  I got a lot of laundry done and I gave away a recipe but that was so many hours ago.  I went outside to check the mail and pulled the weeds that had sprung up by the mailbox.  That must have taken me all of 12 minutes.  Maybe 13. 
I thought I needed to get out of the house but I never left.  I managed to blot out hours at a time sitting and letting characters talk while I transcribed what they said.  I put down their thoughts and what they did as they did it.  I wrote down their actions and interactions and their frustration and energy.  I followed along with my keyboard as they went through their day and how it unraveled for some and how it came together for others.  I put down when they were feeling things only they knew for sure they were feeling.  I wrote it all down when it didn't make any sense to them but spread out on my pages it made complete sense.  They just don't know it yet.
I do. 
It's been fun spending the day in my too large jeans and top.  Not having any concern about going out to do this or that.  I've been all over the place today without ever leaving my keyboard.  They took me there and I just followed along and wrote it down.
Glad they didn't seem to notice me.  I wasn't dressed properly.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT