Monday, May 23, 2011

Footstool

I had been sitting in the extra chair I have in my workroom upstairs away from my desk and laptop.  I had taken a break and was just relaxing a few moments before I got up and got going again.  While I sat I realized how much more comfortable it would be if I had an ottoman to prop my feet up a bit.  I knew anything that large would eat up space in my workroom but then I thought...what if.
I remembered an old inexpensive piece I purchased ages ago.  It was downstairs and not serving any purpose.  I'm not sure how it even ended up where it was for so long so I took the old footstool and refurbished it yesterday. 
During lunch I mentioned to Jay, "I don't remember why or when we bought that footstool."
He replied, "I don't remember why but I remember when."
I waited for him to finish and tell me when we bought it.  He didn't continue so after a few moments I asked, "Are you going to keep it a secret or are you going to tell me when?"
"When what?"
"When we bought the footstool.  You said you remembered when we bought it."
"No I didn't."
"Yes you did.  You said you didn't remember why but you remembered when."
"Oh, I made a mistake.  But I remember we bought the footstool and a magazine rack."
Okay, I thought, it was lunchtime and I knew hunger might have been blocking thought processes for him. But then he went on to say, "We were remodeling but didn't have a lot of money."
"If we didn't have a lot of money why did we buy a footstool and a magazine rack?"
"That was all we could afford."
It did sound like something we would do ages ago - crazy as it might seem.  So wherever or whenever we purchased the small inexpensive footstool, it is now in a place that it will be of more use.  I also know that lunch isn't the place I should be trying to get information from Jay.  At least not before he has had a chance to eat.
TT

BEFORE

AFTER

Previous location

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT