Thursday, May 5, 2011

Balancing act

It is feeling rather odd for me to try to put back my everyday routine of weekday work days.  I seem to be doing the things I would do that have established themselves.  The alarm went off, I made coffee, got dressed for work, came upstairs to check e-mails and now I am sitting here thinking it feels odd.  I am having an overwhelming feeling that I don't want to go back to what I was doing before.
No, no.  I've gotten over (okay - I'm working on it) my attitude of not wanting to go to work at all.  I can't do that now, that's a given.  I think what I am feeling is I don't want to fall into old routines that this time away has pulled me out of.  I am wanting to keep doing all those things that I was doing while being away and somehow manage to fit the work day in and not the other way around. 
I managed to balance a lot of work with things high on my personal priority list.  The house is looking much better than it has in a while.  I haven't finished with it.  I want to stay and get a few more things in order.  I managed to write.  Not so much here but there on my book.  I've got my story churning up and spilling out where I got lost in time.  Ooops!  Did I miss something else?  Too late now, move on.
I guess I can't feel bad about getting those high priority items worked on.  Now it's just a challenge to not fall into the routine hole and somehow managing to keep the balance. 
I am feeling a bit like I was allowed a little bit of a head start.  Oh wait...I wasn't allowed.  I just took it.  Now I need to see how long I can keep it.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT