Tuesday, May 3, 2011

A walk

During my time away, I took a walk when we first arrived.  I brought my camera along and okay, yeah, I might have jogged a bit (maybe 2 miles out of the entire walk of five).  I had only one earbud plugged into my music so I could hear the wind and surf and I was listening to Lyle Lovett croon.  That's what Lovett does, isn't it?  Croon?  It made me think of how varied the music the tiny device stored and if I were to put it on shuffle it would surprise, relax, and energize as each different song began to play randomly.  It made me think how life is on a constant shuffle mode.  We go along not always realizing what might be coming up next. 

It was windy that day.  I stopped here and took these pictures before I started my two mile jog.  I realized the force of the wind was pushing quite a bit.  I would have to work a little harder to keep moving in the direction I wanted to go or I could be pushed in any direction the wind wanted to take me instead.  It was persistent as it crashed around me but I maneuvered around and through it to keep going.   
As I went on I slowed back to a walk.  I realized there are times when I have to go with the ebb and flow.  It can sometimes be smooth as silk or bubble and boil.  Not always knowing which way it will go makes it more interesting.
Then there are always those times when I seem to created my own disasters and sometimes they are just natural.  There will always be something along the way.  I can always depend on something, good or bad, turning up.
But then there is always a great expanse of possibilities when I look up and beyond.  It can go as far as the eye can see if I try to see the whole and not focus on a part. 
It is up to me and my private choices as I go on my way.  I try to make the best ones as I travel along and hope for no regrets.

It was an interesting walk that made me think.  I so love this place.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT