Saturday, March 17, 2012

Watch out

I went out and ran the 10K distance this morning that I missed last Saturday. It wasn't the official race that would have taken me to the coast and given me a nice weekend but it was the same distance right here in my own neighborhood when I was only going out for four miles. I know, I thought it would be four miles and then while running I thought I missed out last weekend and I was feeling unbearably good so I stretched it out a little. What's 2 more miles? It didn't feel bad at all even with the rough and tumble activities I caused myself from a few days ago. Jay was on my case about that again last night when he realized I had gone out for a run. He reiterated I needed to run at the gym. I solidly told him no. He said I was so stubborn. I said no again. He said what if I fall again and hit my head and die. I said what if I'm mopping the tile floor here at home and slip and hit my head on the corner of the table and die? He said then at least I would be at home.
Huh?
So I said, then it's okay as long as I'm at home?
Hmmm...I think he started to grin at that point. I think he realized the possible absurdity of that concept. I don't think he will bring it up again but I can never be sure.
And the run this morning...feelin' good, feelin' fine. What an enjoyable pleasure. It may not have been official, or by the water, but now I've got my day ahead of me and already feeling accomplished. It wasn't really all that dangerous but wait, sometime today, I might just take another big chance and mop the floor.
TT

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go for a run and let Jay mop, if he doesn't answer you when you come back in then you know..

Chetta said...

LOL. Love it!

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT