Friday, March 16, 2012

Pour another

Coffee.  Where is it and why is the cup sitting to my right completely empty?  I don't remember drinking it.  I don't have an inkling when I drank it.  Have I been sitting here working so long and so intensely that I don't have a recollection of draining the cup? 
And it's not about the coffee, really.  That is just one thing that is a marker.  It's something that is around as a reminder to keep me grounded and is making me realize how much is going on.  Am I really doing more things than I might be able to keep up with?  It's been so long since I've felt there are more things to do than there might be time to do them all in.  And yet, like the coffee, they seem to be getting done.  The symbolic cups seems to get drained just the same.  Does it matter that I need to stop for a few minutes to go get another cup or is it only a needed break in what I am working on at the time?  A quick moment to pause and get my bearings without losing my train of thought?
There are certain times when it is good to be so busy, when it is good to work so intensely, so focused.  What could be wrong with that?  Especially when the coffee pot is still full.  All I need to do is pause a moment to pour another cup.  Then I can keep going on all the things I'm working on.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT