Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Do-able

If I need 25 and already had 8 and then yesterday got another 5, I believe that would leave me with a mile less than a half-marathon to have 75 total miles by the end of the month.  Somehow that seems do-able.  Can I run a half-marathon in four days?  What a ridiculous question.  The answer would be a resounding, of course!  Four days, half-marathon distance, break it down, or don't even think about it because it isn't a question of can I do it, it's more of, when can I get started?  It isn't right now, with work needing to be attended.  As much as I would like to pull a quick run right this minute it will have to wait.
Yesterday was much the same.  I was getting a little worried about how overcast the day became.  I was almost sure the moment I left work for the day it would be pouring down rain.  Don't get me wrong, if I am out running I have no problem getting caught it the rain.  I have a slight problem that if it is already raining to push myself out into it.  But it wasn't raining and when I was a few blocks from home, traveling down the same streets where I normally take my neighborhood runs, I couldn't wait to get home.  I glanced out the window at my sidewalks that are so familiar and all I wanted to do was to be pounding away, step after step, right there, right that minute.  It's been a while since I've been able to capture that type of wanting.  It's been a while since I've done something because I can't wait to do it and not just because I should, or always do, or it's in the routine.  I couldn't wait.  And again, even after a good 5-miler yesterday, all I want to do right this moment is to put on my shoes and head out again.  Something happened to my motivation for a time but it seems to have found it's way.  I don't want to speak too soon, but somehow, someway, it seems to have crept back into me.
25-8-5=12.
TT

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go Tessa Go!!!!

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT