Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Walk it?

Well, after yesterdays mishaps during my run and being busted, scraped, and sore I didn't just walk it off this afternoon.  I meant to take it easy and walk.  I knew it couldn't hurt to ease some of that soreness out by walking a bit the day after my tumbles.  I had already said that was what I was going to do.  After falling twice yesterday during my three mile run my lip is much better after bouncing it off the pavement.  I put some extra large band-aids on my meat-grinder knee and my elbow still has it's amusing red streak.  I hadn't noticed this morning with all the soreness how bruised my palms were and even my thumbs. 
But this afternoon rolled around and I had to make myself get outside because of this great weather with all intentions of walking.  Oh, come on now, you know I didn't walk.  I thought I was going to walk.  I dressed and tied my shoelaces and headed out the door and started to walk and then I thought I would just jog it out nice a slow.  I did take it nice and slow but I wasn't walking.  I'm sure I wasn't walking when I kept reminding myself to pick up my feet.  I'm sure I wasn't walking when I got past the rocky gravel area and past 2 miles.  I'm sure I wasn't walking when I past two other people that were walking.  And I got the entire run in and past the place where I fell the second time yesterday and was breezing it home.
I'm still a little busted up.  I'll need to keep the knee bandaged for another day.  The thumb bruises will fade.  Did I say I was going to walk it off?  Nah!
TT

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

With al that bouncing around off the trail and sidewalk have you received any new animal names.....glad your ok!

Chetta said...

I'm fine if not just a little more worn and torn. The only animal I can think of is Tigger but he sure is a lot better at bouncing than me! I'll have to check with Jay on any good animal names.
TT

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT