Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Daily flogging

I seem to be running the gamut lately.  Except that I didn't have a run yesterday if I was going to speak literally and that fact has me down.  So I'll speak literally and get that out of the way.  No run yesterday.  Feel bad about it.  Added pressure to finish the week and month.  Continuous flogging all day until the pattern either repeats itself or I actually do something to correct it. 
There.  Got that out of the way.
Now let me get a handle on another one of the other nine million one hundred and fifty six issues I have left.  I don't know where I come up with these numbers.  How terribly dramatic of me (or is that sarcastic)?  It really isn't like that at all but it seems like I have been a tad overwhelmed lately.  There has been a lot coming my way as far as work and I have been improving my consistency at running and I have been watching what I have been eating and I have, I have...yes, I have.
But I'm painting the wrong picture here.  It really has been good.  If I don't try to stop and bully myself about the fact that I missed a run.  And truthfully, can I really say I missed it when it was on a day I had already mapped as a rest day on my bigger plan!  Well, yes, I can, since that is what I seem to do because I feel I should have done it anyway because I have this short term plan and I would rather knock off the miles early instead of waiting...   
And that is how it goes.  But it seems the bigger plan might have won out for this round and that is the way it is and probably the way it should be.  I guess I'll just leave it at that.  It's now time to start the flogging of myself for eating those cookies last night...
nine million one hundred and fifty five...
nine million one hundred and fifty four...
TT 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT