Saturday, March 3, 2012

New shoes

I got a new pair of running shoes this afternoon so I had to go out and give them a go.  There is something about sliding your feet into a new pair of shoes that cannot be compared to anything else.  I can tell when my old shoes have lost their inside structure.  I can feel it when I wear them and more importantly when I run in them.  It might not be that big of a feel difference but it's there.  I will put  off getting new shoes and think  - well, they aren't really that bad.  I did that with the pair before my last and ended up with a black toenail.  (It's only about half way grown out now so still pretty gross).  The point is I knew I needed new shoes.   I drove down to my usual store.  I went in and the clerk asked if I wanted the same brand I had before.  I told him I didn't mind seeing others within that type.  He brought out some pairs to try.  I pulled off my old shoes and slipped my feet into the newer version of the shoes I have been wearing.  There it was.  I could immediately tell the difference between these new shoes and the worn old ones I had before.  I tried on some others.  I eliminated one pair right off.  I tried on a few and walked around.  I narrowed the choices down to two.  One was the new version of my old pair and one was a different version of the same brand as my old pair.  Hmmm...which do I choose?  The new version of the old pair is a tried and true.  The different version is a little lower around the foot and weighs an ounce less.  It has a more forefoot strike which they try to tell you will make you faster.  I'm not worried about a heel strike because I am more of a mid striker.  I tried both pairs on again.  I walked around in both.  I ended up with the different version of my same brand.  I liked them.  They felt good on my feet and I'm open to try the new.  I don't think they will but it can't hurt if they actually do make me a little faster, does it? 
So I've given them a run and they'll do just fine!  I'll try them again tomorrow and I'll take them with me for my 10K next Saturday.
There is nothing like a new pair of shoes!
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT