Sunday, March 2, 2014

Unofficially Celebrating

I got up to a mild morning. I knew I wanted to get a run in early and after puttering around for an hour while I sipped coffee I decided I was ready to head out my front door. Nice. Great temperature, cloudy, and a slightly cool breeze that washed over me as I started to warm up. I took myself around my neighborhood at a steady pace and lapped my 3 mile route twice to make it a nice 6+ miler. I wanted to get that distance in early this week because I am signed up for a 10K on Saturday.

But that 10K is out of town, close to the coast and it turns out the time we waited to book our room has left us without. I didn't realize when we put off making the reservations for the hotel we were going to be up against Spring Break and also Oysterfest. I could curse myself now for not making sure we had a place to stay.  I will miss my race, I will miss having fresh oysters afterward. That was always my way of celebrating after the race; Oysters on the half shell and Dos Equis dressed. (I've done this particular 10K twice before with the same celebration both times). I will have to miss it this year.

But I will keep on running. I'll find another race this month hopefully the same distance and if not I will find another in May. It's the way it goes sometimes. I didn't plan enough ahead but I know I was ready when I completed the distance this morning.  It was a nice run on a nice mild morning.

I will probably run the 10K distance again next Saturday whether it's an official race or unofficially alone. Now the only thing I'll need to do is figure out is where I will go for my official/unofficial celebration afterward.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT