Saturday, November 3, 2012

More words

I should have gotten out of the house this afternoon.  I went out very early and that seemed to be it for the day.  I managed to get myself up to my laptop and go through my revisions I had previously made to my original draft of my fiction.  I knew I had to start at the beginning again to clean up the first chapter since I didn't believe it would happen the way I originally wrote it.
It turned out once I put my mind to the job I needed to do, it didn't take that long.  But then I didn't stop.  I've been at it for at least 3 1/2 hours straight and managed to revise my original chapter 1-3 which are now 1-5.  I have the document ready to start original chapter 4 which is now chapter 6.  The funny part of doing this revision (well not funny) but something I have learned along the way is I was following my word counts too stringently before.  Word counts aren't something I am even considering as I go about re-writing chapters and splitting them so they might flow better.  It turns out (I guess this is what I thought was funny) is that I have 3100 more words with the new chapters than the ones I originally wrote even with the things I cut out of the revised chapters.
Now it's a little late, although it's only 5:03pm instead of really 6:03pm.  I'm a little stiff and need to get up.  So later.  And what a great day!
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT