Sunday, November 11, 2012

Race today

Early on a Sunday, even for me?  Yes.  No.  But I am purposely up and waiting on a text that the group is on the way to pick me up.  We are heading downtown this morning to make a 7:30 starting line.  I am cursing myself, cursing, that I didn't train for a longer run  The weather is perfect!  It's all of 68-70 degrees out.  I could go for days in these temperatures even if the race organizers are sending email tips about running in the warmer climates.  Geez.  If only I had known it would have been as nice as it is today and not the 47 degrees it was two years ago when I did the half marathon.
But the short mini-marathon they are calling this excuse for us to head down with the big dogs is only three miles.  But I'm up and ready.  A race is a race and going together is better.
Breakfast afterward while we are downtown and then back to cheer the big dogs cross the real marathon finish line.  I'm ready...Oh!  There's my text...gotta run.
Literally.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT