Monday, May 14, 2012

How was Sunday?

My Mother's Day was Fabulous!  I was still feeling great from bringing home a medal from the 10K on Saturday.  It lingered overnight and I woke up still feeling really good about it.  So I did what only seemed right.  I mean, I had to stretch out my muscles, didn't I?  So I got up and ran another 10K distance in my neighborhood on Sunday morning.  Nothing wrong with that and when I got back Jay had gotten up early and was fixing breakfast. 
The rest of the morning was pretty laid back.  I did some straightening up, some reading, some not too much of anything, until it was time to head over to Sonny and Selma's house.   Dante was there and the whole family got together and Sonny did all the cooking.  No, he did it all.  I tried to help out but he wouldn't let me.  I was shoo'ed out of the kitchen, poured a glass of wine and made to sit.  It was very nice to sit in conversation and to play with Mr. L.  He is all of 4 months old now and  has started teething.  He doesn't like to go to sleep when everyone is around and fights it at every turn.  Then he will get a second wind and go from grumpy to playful again.  He made to about 6:30 I think. 
Sonnys meal started out with crustini appetizers. Oh yum! His home-made red sauce is so excellent!  Put it on a toasted ciabatta slice with bubbling melted cheese.  Oh yum!  The perfect bites while sitting with a glass of wine or two.  Then how about slicing zucchini thinly lengthwise, layering it with fresh tomatoes, bread crumbs, cheese, like a lasagna and baking it in the oven.  So good!  And then angel hair pasta with fresh shrimp.  Add a little garlic, olive oil and flat-leaf parsley.  The boy knows how to cook!  Dessert was fresh mango, jicama, strawberries and pineapples.  He knows what he's doing, that boy!  Sure made for a great meal.  Flower and chocolates came later with a sports store gift card from Dante.
How was my Mother's Day?  It was Fabulous!
TT 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT