Tuesday, May 8, 2012

No power

There was another thunderstorm last night and we have no power at home.  I am sitting at the Starbucks that they very nicely built in my backyard to be convenient to me.  I knew the power had been out for many hours by the time I got up.  I couldn't find a flashlight.  I knew we had them but Jay uses them to tease the dog and they couldn't be found anywhere and without light they are even more difficult to find.  He thinks it is amusing to shine the circle of light on the floor which drives the animal into barking fits as she tries to catch it.  I don't find it amusing and there were no flashlights to be found.  I got my hands on his cell phone and used that for a light searching for a while.  I didn't dare use mine because the battery was going low.  It didn't matter that I had it plugged in all night since there was no power to charge it!  I used my cell phone to call the electric company...they said they would report my outage but can I really trust an entirely automated phone call?  So I dressed myself and left the house and found myself at the Starbucks after grabbing my laptop and phone charger(s) - one that adapts to a wall plug or a USB and the other for the car.  It's charging nicely now and light outside is starting to creep out even though it has continued to lightly rain.
It's a different window view that what I am normally used to.  I still have to travel this morning but the change of routine and scenery might be a nice thing for me about now.  But I have to be off.  The weather isn't that great and I have to take myself many miles to downtown today.  I was called for Jury Duty.  It's a slightly frightening thought for me since the last time I was called I ended up on a Grand Jury and spend two days out of each month for four months reviewing an average of 20-25 federal cases back in 2006.  It started out interesting but got very intense and disturbing by the end of it all.  I like my crime, suspense, and detective adventures well enough but honestly, I'd rather keep it to fiction.
Gotta go!
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT