Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Memorial Day Diet

Monday was a holiday stretching the weekend into three wonderful days off.  I used the free time up as if I was starving for food. I took big bites and grabbed for more since there seemed to be plenty.  Monday actually turned into a day filled with real food and not just the way I had been using my time.  I stayed relatively 'out of the kitchen' which isn't true since whenever the entire family gets together we are always sitting in the kitchen.  It's a shame, a crying shame, I have such a small kitchen.  For as much cooking that goes on  there I should have it completely designed to make it bigger.  But I don't see that happening any time soon or any time at all, really.  It would be nice but, so far, it hasn't stopped us yet or slowed us down.  Monday was no different.




Let me think back...Simple crudités appetizers before the meal.  Enough to munch and hold the hunger at bay while we talked and got started on the main courses.  Fresh blanched green beans, then sauteéd in butter and oil.  Fettucine alfredo with fresh grated parmesian cheese.  Grilled pork chops and tuscan mariated rib eye steak with a wine reduction sauce.  Oh my!  End the meal with a made from scratch strawberry and blueberry buckle cake sprinkled with almonds.
There was no starving going on here.  A great day, many cooks in the kitchen, and food that couldn't have been better tasting or fresh.
Here's to wonderful three day weekends!
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT