Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Flying

I think I might have been flying yesterday afternoon.  It sure seems like that could have been the case.  After really wanting to stay home from work yesterday and have an early morning run there just wasn't any way I was going to miss a run after work.  There was no way.
I sped home when my day was over and got changed.  I pulled on my shoes, pulled by hair into a tail, and was out the door in a flash.  It might have been the momentum I had going from rushing home but I hit the street ready to go and went!  There was no thinking, no holding back, there was nothing but just pure, fine movement.  Inclines that have kept me sluggish were torn up.  I raced around my normal route like it was a high speed, no holds barred, power run.  I tore up five miles like it was nothing.  It felt great!
It was an AWEsome run.  There! There it was.  That was the feeling I had been working for.  I knew it had to be there and to finally break through after weeks of pushing, and falls, and scrapes and hard work it was finally a breeze.  It was five miles of easy running but more than that.  It was strength and joy and just the love of being outdoors knowing that something I had been working on for so long hit the mark.  It hit, hit it and did it again.  The entire run was just too good if that is even possible. 
I'll be heading out again today after work.  I don't expect it to be exactly the same.  I doesn't matter.  It's there now and ready to start building on.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT