Saturday, May 19, 2012

Haven time

My alarm clock startled me this morning. Even though I set it an entire hour later on weekends than on work days I am usually awake or ready to get up by the time it goes off on a weekend. That wasn't the case this morning. I was sound asleep and when it went off it alarmed me! I understand that that is what it is supposed to do, I guess. It's seems that it has been a very long while since it has lived up to it's name for me. This morning it really did.
I reluctantly threw my legs off the side of the bed and made my way to get up and make coffee. I was going to have a cup, at least one, possibly more. But I was also going to head out to the Runner's Haven although I was still playing ping-pong in my head about whether I should go out there or just run in the neighborhood. NO! I finally smashed the silly white ball over the net and off the table. I was going to head out to the Haven, I decided, but I was already running late.
By the time I got myself coffee'd up, dressed, and headed out, I knew it would be past 7:00am when I arrived. It was close to 7:20 but by the time I pulled up and parked but it was so worth it. It felt fabulous to be there. You pretty much head out and then turn back when you run there so I would end up at my car after I finished the run. So I started and every thing I passed were great reminders of why I would rather go out there to run on a Saturday than stay with my routes at home. I was aiming for an eight miler but I was feeling so good I went out five miles before turning around and heading back. I made it a total of 10 miles this morning which brought me to 31 miles this week.
It was pretty great. I don't know why I haven't gone out sooner. It wasn't all that crowded with runners but I did get to see groups of cyclists pass and that always gives me a thrill. It was a great way to kick start the weekend. It was great once I got up and got going. Even if I had to calm myself for the first time in a long time when it came to my alarm clock. I must have been especially tired from the end of the week. Oh. And I mentally picked up the ping-pong ball and put it where it belonged.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT