Thursday, May 3, 2012

May 3rd Birthday

Today is Dante's birthday.  My youngest son has somehow turned into a man of 27 years.  He has worked his way up to become Manager of a local Credit Union.  He has been busy.  He has a lot of things going on right now and I haven't talked to him as much as I have in the recent past.  I'm not even sure that we have made plans yet to celebrate.  I know it isn't today but over the weekend.  He has other things to do and that will work out fine.  He really has been very busy.
Dante  was the one that pushed me hard to market the cookies.  He camped out with me as we figured out food costs and pricing, graphics and labeling.  We sat together checking other prices for like products and computed the margins.  He went out and got the first orders which was over $150.00 and then pushed me to do more.  He told me at the beginning that I had already done the hard part of coming up with the product.  He knew they were salable.  I only thought they were cookies that I really like to bake for friends.  I can't dismiss the fact that certain friends had also told me they could be sold but that was just a nice thing for them to say, at least that was what I thought.  Dante actually took me by the shoulders, pushed me into a chair, and made me turn it into a small business.  I have the money in the account from the orders as proof.  I still want to talk to him about his thoughts on upgrading the website.
So we will get together and celebrate his birthday.  I'll be looking forward to seeing him and I'll talk to him today.  Dante is 27.  When did that happen?
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT