Monday, May 21, 2012

Easy two days

This past weekend went quite well.  If I am to look back over the past two days I would have to say it went nicely.  I ran both mornings in really good weather for a total of 17 miles for those two days.  The best part about it is that I am feeling really good about the runs.  I'm not wiped out afterwards and I can tell I'm able to go longer without the same fatigue.  I'm getting there.  I'm not sure where "there" is exactly but I'm headed in the right direction.  I'll decide on the destination after I've enjoyed this portion of the journey first.  How's that?
I had ample time to try and relax a bit.  I finished one book and started another.  I've found that some books in the series by Glen Cook I was reading might not be available (#4, 5 & 6).  I'll have to do more searching since I will read them in order but for now I've had to go with another series by Vince Flynn.  I'm on #3 of that series.  I made it to the grocery store and picked up just a few basics.  I had a craving for mushrooms and had to figure out how I was going to incorporate that into dinner.  I managed it along with a few beers that evening.
Sunday morning started with another run except in the neighborhood instead of at the haven as on Saturday.  A few more chapters of the book after cleaning up and then breakfast.  A little laundry and a brief shopping trip that scored me some white slacks and narrow striped shirt got me into the afternoon.  Then it was time for Mr. L.  He turned five months old yesterday.  He getting himself a little bigger, holding his head up, and is focusing on things when he didn't used to before.  He can get cranky and still fights going to sleep even when he is tired.  I managed to get him to cat-nap for twenty minutes and that put him in a better mood.  And he likes to be outside.  Now isn't that a good thing!  Wonder where he gets that? 
So the weekend went well.  Do I wish I had more time.  Yes.  I do.  But there is a long weekend coming up and I'll bide my time until then.
TT 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT