Sunday, November 20, 2011

What am I working on?

I am pausing for a moment here upstairs to make a grocery list but thought I would share these pictures.  This is my office the way it looked when I first got up yesterday morning to the left...and how it looks now to the right.

The upstairs bedroom is cleaned up and looking good.  My grandmothers hand-crocheted, cotton thread bedspread cleaned up really nicely!  It needs some lamps for the nightstands and wall art.  The brown french chair works well but the awful blue drapes will be gone and replaced with sheers.  Jay was impressed with how nice it looked but from his cute, little, side-comments I know it is too feminine french for him.  I kept trying to tell him that it was the furniture style.(this was my original bedroom set).  He kept up the girl jokes anyway.  Ah well...

The new kitchen cabinets are in and this morning I added the shelves and now they are all filled.  I still need to add the handles.  Not much chance yet to clean up in there but I stopped that to work on my grocery list for Thanksgiving.  I want to get to the grocery store early and since I've already got the kitchen items back in place and it's all of 6:34am my timing is about right.  I probably shouldn't be stopping to add this post here now but I had to sit to make my list, didn't I?


Still lot's to do.  I have more items to sort through and put away.  NO workers coming in today.  I had the house filled yesterday from 9:30 until after 7:00pm yesterday and I need my own time today.  The tile goes in tomorrow.  There will be more disarray but I made Jay promise they would only work Monday and Tuesday and anything that was not finished would have to wait until Tuesday the 29th after the holiday.  I cannot have them in the house on Wednesday NO MATTER WHAT!  I have to bake that afternoon.  I need to bake my pies and also my corn bread that will used for my stuffing...which brings me back to my grocery list.
Excuse me while I jump on to another thing I need to do. 
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT