Sunday, November 27, 2011

Got it

An absolute day of quiet is what I got yesterday.  After sitting at my desk upstairs, sipping coffee yesterday morning the rain paused enough for me to make a trek to the grocery store.  The store was deserted at that hour.  It was the best time to shop.  I got everything on my list and will have enough groceries to cook and carry me through most of the coming week.  I checked out and the rain was pouring down.  Hard.  I went right out into it and got soaked.  It felt good.  I've been soaked running before and it isn't so bad.  Really.
I didn't do much all day.  I had done the cleaning and laundry before the holiday.  I sat and crocheted.  I piddled around the house without tackling anything.  I finally went to the post office and then stopped to buy another skein of yarn and a bottle of wine for dinner.  Comfort food for a comfortable day.  Something slow braising and non-complicated.  Like my day. 
I've made it many times. 






So I sat and smelled the aroma swirling around the doorways, catching me sitting and pausing.  The only activity was my busy fingers pulling and tucking yarn into small and intricate patterns.  I'm almost finished.  Another half inch or so to go but the day wound down absolutely quietly and refreshingly.
It's what I needed.  It's what I got.
TT 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT