Monday, November 21, 2011

Reward at end of day

Yesterday was another day blurred with activity.  The amount of work actually done doesn't seem to correlate with the way things look.  Everything still seems to be in disarray, out of order and in continual need of wiping down, clearing off and throwing out.  I've done a lot of throwing out which eliminates much of what will need to be put back in order or dusted off.  Still, even with the volume of trash I have created there is plenty awaiting an empty bin and there is only so much time and energy left in me at the end of the day.  Can we talk about feeling wiped out?  So tired I can't think to talk?  It happened. 
But it is all positive.  I managed to get up early enough yesterday to get my kitchen items back into cabinets instead of in boxes and on random shelves.  I made my grocery list for the Thanksgiving feast and bought it all well before 8:00am.  The food was stashed in its proper holding areas and the day proceeded along with Jay and I shopping for sheers and a light fixture for the upstairs extra bedroom (we have decided to call it the feminine french bedroom to avert any other jokes Jay might have about it).  I couldn't find nightstand lamps yet but we moved a piece of artwork that will look good in there.  We purchased new smoke alarms and a door bell.  We bought spray paint for the bathroom towel holders, new blinds for the living room windows and another light fixture for over the sink.  I washed the old kitchen cabinet hardware handles so they can be installed on the new cabinets.  I sorted through old magazines.  I was up and down more times I've lost count.  I think right now is the longest I've sat still in two (or is it three with Friday afternoon) days!
When the day was finally fading away Jay called me from another task I was thinking of starting.  He insisted I come outside so I reluctantly put aside my task and went into the dusky night.  "Look," he said,  "did you order this?"  There was a truck with a long trailer parked in front of our house.  It was unusual.  Now I promise I won't post another picture here of a room in disorder but I can't help but put up the picture of what was parked in front of our house.  I wouldn't have ever thought I would see it where it was and it only made it more whimsical after a long, tiring day of work.    
I'm not making it up...here is what was there...
I did finally stop at this point.  I guess after all the hard work someone thought I deserved a pony! 
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT