Sunday, November 6, 2011

Daylight savings

How did I know this time change would do this to me?  How.  I wasn't hoping for it.  I was actually trying to avoid it and do what I could do so I wouldn't do as I suspected I would.  Everyone that mentioned it would say, Oh, an extra hour of sleep, but I knew better for myself.  That suspicion of mine proved true.  It all went out the door, down the street, and left me wide awake at 3:30am this morning.  I forced myself and stayed in bed until a little after 4 - 4:03am to be exact.  I checked my nightstand clock that I had obediently set back an hour as everyone said I was to remember to do.  I wasn't sure I should believe it so I punched my cell phone to have the glorious backlight shine and sure enough it glimmered 4:03am.  I got out of bed and stood there for a moment.  Am I getting up?  I knew I was.  This could be a big mistake, I thought.  I know me and I'll try to fill every waking moment with things to do until I'm exhausted and my remaining day off of the weekend will be over.  But so it goes.
I'm awake and now it's only a little after 5:00am.  I've already picked up the few things in the kitchen that needed to be cleaned up and I've started a loaf of bread in my machine.  I couldn't help but open my upstairs window to let in some fresh air and was pleasantly surprised to find it was raining ever so slightly and gently.  I'll open up the house and let that wonderful freshness filter through.  It might prove to be a delightful combination when mingled with the smell of fresh baking bread.  It's Sunday morning and I am up too early.  I've started doing.  I've got some other things in mind to get done and I already know how this will play.  I knew the time change would do this to me.  I was hoping it wouldn't but it has.  Not an extra hour of sleep will I get...but an extra hour.  I'm cashing it in now.  I'm not saving it.
TT 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT