Friday, November 25, 2011

No pics, no menu

I realize I posted the menu from Thanksgiving yesterday.  It was all home cooked from scratch.  Nothing came out of a can (ok, the cranberry sauce and I used canned pumpkin for the pie) but I made my own cornbread (not from a mix) for the stuffing and the vegetables were all fresh (not frozen) as was the cheese sauce and gravy.  Just so you know I have baked pumpkin before and used it for a pie.  It was incredibly good but I didn't do that this year.  I also would ordinarily have pictures of everything and I did take a few but I didn't have them all and it didn't seem wise to post only parts of the menu.  Besides, if you would like to see what I cooked you can go back to the archives from last years Thanksgiving.  I have all the pictures posted there...and it's the same menu anyway.
The thing I found really confusing was I didn't post anything about Christmas dinner last year.  Sonny asked me about it yesterday and we couldn't remember what we made.  I said to check the blog...I always post it - but no.  I didn't last year.  It was even worse when we couldn't even remember what we made last year!  None of us could remember the meal.  We really couldn't.  We recalled artichokes and some calamari but that was all any of us could remember.  It wasn't like the year before when we came up with our own version of the seven fishes.  I DO have pictures posted of that Christmas and we all remember that meal.  It was expansive.  It really was an all day cooking event but so well worth it and...yes...memorable.
So I'm wondering what happened to last year?  I'm sure it was a good meal.  I'm sure we planned and cooked and had a great time.  I know we did.  We just can't seem to remember the exact food.  Odd. 
So sorry about no pictures from yesterday and really sorry about no menu from last years Christmas cooking. 
Still...I'm thinking and still drawing a blank.  Ah well.  Onward to this year's menu.  We are thinking about prime rib roast...
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT