Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Not very apt

It's late for me today this morning. I would normally be up and around, banging through a few things much earlier.  I was awake but didn't want to venture out of bed.  It seems to be getting to that time of year when I need to rejoin that small society that absolutely deplores this cold weather.  Actually, if there were such a society it wouldn't last long.  The participants in a group like this would find no solace in community.  They would not be heartened to hear the stories and experiences of others going through this traumatizing section of miserable months that is called winter.  Winter.  Just the word itself sends shivers shocking through my body.  No.  I, being an expert in this loathing passion for temperatures daring to dip below 60 (okay, maybe 55), would know that this society would disband immediately after the first group session.  There is no way we would continue to venture out when we could stay huddled at home.  There is no way we would attempt to find enough layered clothing to wear to make it possible to not feel the piercing pins of icy chill and frozen digits.  There is no amount of self hugging maneuvers that can bring enough warmth to dispel the frozen knives that drive deep into our defenseless bodies.  Such an unfair season, stripping us of the ability to pleasure in the outdoors and forcing us to become (even more) solitary and hidden away in an attempt to survive life while the world decides to turn and barr us from joining.
I don't much care for Winter.  I never have.  I never will.  There is no solace in hearing how much colder it is somewhere else.  It's too cold for me here, what would I care about anywhere else?  So, I'll muddle through another of these dastardly seasons and survive as best I can.  You would think as many years as I have done this already I would be better apt at it.  It doesn't seem to work that way for me.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT