Tuesday, November 8, 2011

File under idiot

Okay.  Yes.  This is silly.  It's embarrassing.  I will have to put this into the idiot file.  I lost my phone.  I lost my cell phone.  I do not have another.  I do not have a lan line.  I only use my own cell phone or when I am at work, I have my own extension on my phone at work.  But I came home from work a bit ago and didn't have my cell phone. 
I thought I had it with me.  I was almost positive I carried it out with me to my car as I left the office today.  I was almost positive until I got home.  That was when I realized I lost it and I realized that almost immediately.  I pulled up into the drive, I put the convertible top back up into the closed position.  I went to the mailbox and then let myself into the house.  I walked into the kitchen.  I went to the bedroom and put away my purse and then the bathroom to take out my contact lenses.  Then I went to get my phone.  But it wasn't to be found.  It wasn't in the kitchen, the bedroom or the bathroom.  I grabbed my purse and emptied it.  Not there.  I went back to the car and checked between the seats (it didn't take long - I only have two).  It wasn't there and I kept looking.  I went back through the house, back to the car, back to the purse.  No, no, no.  It was lost.
Did I leave it on my desk at work?  Do I drive back there to check?  I can't call, no phone...but wait.  Yes.  I have a phone in my car.  Back to the car, call a co-worker, but I don't have their extension so go through the company operator.  Uh-oh...it's automated...press one...press two.  I can't press anything, my car phone is voice activated...but whew! stay on the line for an operator.  Great!  My co-worker answered.  "Can you do me a big favor and see if I left my cell phone on my desk?"  Nope...it isn't there.  "Thanks, anyway".
Fret, fret, fret.  Call Jay.  Just because.  He listened and then said go into the house and I'll call your cell.  He had already called when I was in the car and I never heard it.  I closed up the car and went into the house with no real hope.  I had no hope.  I knew it was lost.  I heard nothing.  Then...distant...cell...phone....ringing...
Where was it coming from?  I followed the sound into the bedroom.  Where?!?  In the closet.  No.  The bed.  The bed was ringing.  Hurry.  Answer.  It was as if I didn't answer it before it stopped ringing it would disappear. 
I pulled back the spread, I grabbed up my phone and said, "Hello".

Okay.  Yes.  This is silly.  It's embarrassing.  My mindless routines got the better of me today. This is how it must have went.  I rise early in the morning and Jay gets up much later after I have gone.  I came home this afternoon and made the bed as usual.  It doesn't matter how late in the day it might be, I do it everyday, without fail.  I always make the bed if it isn't made, no matter how late in the day.  Today when I got home I put my cell phone down on the bed, dumped my purse in the closet, and came back to make up the bed.  I made the bed up and covered the phone.  I didn't realizing it was there and it was covered and I couldn't find it.
Okay.  Yes.  I will have to put this into the idiot file.
For sure.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT