Saturday, November 19, 2011

Come in

Come into my parlour said the spider to the fly...
This is what my office looks like, right now, real-time.  Yes.  The new carpeting is in!  I am a little displaced (still) since I am working off my white work-table instead of my desk facing the windows.  Obviously I have some work to do to get it straightened out but this is only one room out of, how many?  Dare I count?  Dare I even think of what needs to get done and cleaned and re-organized?  Dare I?  Do you dare look at what I came home to yesterday?  Do you dare?
Step into my parlour...








Imagine driving up to your home with someone else's van parked in your spot and stuff all over the lawn and driveway.  Let's not forget to mention the upstairs drape hanging outside the window.
Take a walk inside and meet your bedroom dresser in the living room and kitchen appliances in the center of the tiny room.  Turn around to go back out to the living area and see your headboard facing you but it can't compare to having the TV in the bathroom.
There was no access and bare wood on the staircase leading upstairs and half demo'd cabinetry in the kitchen.
But wait...then later, the carpet pad was installed in the master bedroom and then finally complete with sample tiles put up against the new carpet to encourage the home-owner.
This might have been the worst part of the storm.  But there will be more activity today with kitchen cabinetry work to be competed.  The details on the staircase need to be finished also.  Tiles won't be installed until Monday and then detail work like moldings and touch up painting to finish it off.
I'll be able to start some semblence of cleaning up.  I think.  I can certainly start right here in my own office.  They only need to install the new door up here, since there isn't one there right now.  But that just makes it easier to step right into my parlour...if you dare.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT