Friday, July 10, 2009

Shade of blue

I am going to keep this short and sweet. I had a good time writing yesterdays post (and the other most recent). I had to describe that meeting about the Rules of writing the way it kept swirling in my head. The idea of making it a scene instead of just describing it seemed so much more fun. I wasn't sure how it would turn out, but hopefully, it came off moderately right. I am not a good judge of myself but the feel was good. I'm probably way off.

It was precisely that type of under confident talk (I'm probably way off) that I was trying to steer myself away from. I wanted it to be something a little off kilter, so to speak. I knew I needed something that would bounce me out of that negative kicking of myself all the time. Like the time I had gotten so stressed I painted my fingernails a silly shade of blue – and wore it that way to work. I would watch people look at my hands then back up at me as if they were unsure. As soon as I caught their eye I would just shrug and explain, "I needed to be reminded not to take myself so seriously." They were way too polite to roll their eyes in front of me. They might have thought of doing it but they didn’t. They probably should have. But it made me grin and kept me from being so serious.

It worked for me. It would be really nice if these pieces have worked for anyone else. But if not, oh well. I guess I'll just have to stick to that one rule Erik, or Nick, or whatever I’m calling him today suggested.

TT

1 comments:

Bruce Wade said...

TT, it's okay to be off kilter as I am usually that way all the time. Although the fingernail painting may have been an "extreme" measure, your choice of blue shows an insightful degree of melancholy that you wished to project. Keep up the good work. Your friend - BW

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT