Friday, September 30, 2011

Feelin' it Friday

Well, here it is folks!  The end of the week, the end of the month and I was bound and determined I would clear another 100 miles like I did last month.  Yes, in August I was able to get 100.7 miles clocked in 24 workouts.  I believe, if I can trust my basic math, that averages to 4.2 miles per run.  I was very happy to be able to get that done.
I was going along fairly well.  This month started out fast and I was furious with my miles.  Then I hit my speedbump.  I was off a few days where work consumed me and my time and left me not thinking about going out to run.  I got in a mere two workouts one week and it was only because I had done them early on.  That left me facing a deficit of 25 miles this last week if I wanted to reach another 100 miles by the end of the month, well, by today!  I went into this past Monday knowing I had to do 5 miles for 5 days.  Whew!  What?  But I didn't react that way.  I kept it matter of fact.  I kept it okay, do this one day at a time.  Day one...day two...day.... thr..ee....can I, do I, I don't...I don't think...
By day three I took another look at where I was.  I was tired.  I only had two days left but I was slipping.  But I realized I was at 93.39 miles on Wednesday after my run.  So I broke it down again.  Two days,  7.31 miles left if I want to match the 100.7 from last month - divide by two...3.66 miles per day.  Oh.  not too bad...but, of course, I'm telling myself I could do more than 3 miles, can't I? Then the other part of me is saying, hey!  you've already got 25+ miles clocked for the week since you aren't even counting that you ran 8 miles on Sunday that wasn't part of this equation - give it a rest. 
So, this is where I am at this morning...the last day of the week, the last day of the month.  I am sitting at 99.1 miles.  I have had 17 workouts which averages to 5.8 miles per run.  That is more than 1.5 miles higher than my average run last month.  I have decided I will run a quick three miles during my lunch today that will put me over the 100 mile marker for the second month in a row and enjoy the Friday afternoon as I choose. 
Not such a bad way to end out the week, the month.  Somehow, I'm not feeling quite so tired any more!  Fridays seem to do that for me.  Not sure why, do you?
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT