Sunday, November 1, 2009

Morning November

Here it is November 1st. My phone says it's 6:21 am and now that I glance down into the small right hand corner of my laptop it agrees. My other clocks in the house tried to say seven such but they don't automatically reset. So I am here in real time flipping another page over on the calendar and creeping around in the dark on a coldish Sunday morning after Halloween.
Actually I just checked the weather and it's too cold for me right now...it says 46 degrees...BUT...it should warm to a nice 76 or so. If it keeps its promise to be sunny it will turn into a nice day. I am hoping for a weather repeat of yesterday which was nice by the afternoon.
And yesterday would certainly be a nice repeat, not just weather wise. I got a few things done without burrowing myself all alone in solitary all day at home. I managed to dial the phone and talk to a dear friend I had neglected to say hello to in too long a while. It was the first good move of the day and not five minutes after that call, Dante phoned me and had just finished getting a tire patched and was begging breakfast. He came over and we managed to lose track of time for most of the morning and half the afternoon. We managed to run errands from post office, to bank, to eye doctor's office. I am replacing the prescription lenses on my frames. I found it isn't a good idea to store emery boards in your eye glasses case if you put your glasses in there too. Duh.
Then we hit the book store...Dante was a little disgruntled with me on that one...he said it was an unplanned stop and he knows how I can get lost in a bookstore. I explained I needed a book. I had finished my entire stash and had found and read a Dick Francis that I somehow had missed. Dante doesn't know Dick Francis but my friend on the phone would. But I needed a new book and I was allowed to get one, which I picked up in record time. Then since Target was across the way, we stopped there to pick up candy to give out at our respective houses in the evening. We shopped a while and looked at the small desks they had. Dante is thinking about getting one since he now has room in this new house he is sharing with his brother. We compared a few and it's amazing how they actually carry an affordable Thomasville brand that has some quality and not just particle board for a reasonable price.
So, yesterday was good for me. It was good from start to finish and all the things that happened in between.
And now I am looking at another new month. If the weather warms up as it should I might be brave enough to walk my neighborhood route.
That might be good for me too.
TT   

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT