Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Crazy nonsense

I have been in a state of hurry up and catch-up the past few days. It is one of those times that you are working a short week and you have to accomplish everything you would for a regular week but things come up that also need to get done and it overwhelms and throws you off schedule. Then add to it you have outside evening appointments that in turn put you behind in your off-time activities.
But you finally get to the point where you are sitting quietly with a glass of wine. Everything can hold just for a while and you move your hand to enjoy the glass as it wobbles and tumbles over as you bolt up and try to catch it as it spills into a puddle of red. You scramble to sop it up before it soaks in but you know it is already turning into a raging purple stain.
It’s been like that and this below is what happens. I could say it was just an assignment in character and dialogue. I could say that.  Now that I think about it...Yeah…that's what I am going to say.

I have been thinking.
“No kidding, really? I say to myself. The blog only shouts how these are my thoughts.”
“Yeah, well. You don’t need to state the obvious to me.”
“No? You sure?”
“Ah man, now I don’t remember what I was going to say. I’ve lost the thought.”
It sounds crazy doesn’t it, but that's how it has been going. It has been one of those mornings, one of those days…a few of those days. I don’t know why but all of a sudden things have been crashing, tumbling over each other. When did I get so frantic? When did I get behind and lose my pace? It sure seems like that has happened and I haven’t had a chance to straighten it out.
“I know, take a deep cleansing breath.”
“And what? Everything will magically get done by the elves? What fairly tale do you live in?”
“Just stay calm, it will work out.”
“Not unless you do something. It won’t fix itself.”
“Fix itself. I didn’t break anything. There has just been a lot going on.  I've been busy.”
“So then, what? Excuses?”
“Hold up just a second. You are not helping things here. How am I supposed to think?”
“Hey, I’m not stopping you. I’m the only reason you’ve got anything written down at all.”
“And look at what exactly I’ve gotten down.”
It could go on like this for a while but I need to break these two up. They will never agree or fix or accomplish anything when they get like that.  They only wished they lived in a fairly tale somewhere.  It's been busy and hard to stay focused.
But don't worry.  Sometimes it needs to go a little outside the box.  Well, okay, a lot outside - but once it's out does anyone really measure how much?  Hopefully not.   
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT