Tuesday, November 10, 2009

To Russia with love

 

My counter hit 500 early yesterday morning. I am not sure what exactly that means or what will happen now. I only had 500 free counts and now that it has hit that number I am not sure if it just stops or how it works. I guess I could go back to the site and read what happens but I am feeling rushed at the moment and probably won’t find the time or fit that in right now.
I believe what will happen is that it recycles the oldest number I have and replaces it with the newest. That might not be such a bad thing since it took me a few weeks to figure out how to adjust it so it didn’t count me. How many times did I go in and out of the blog to read, re-read, adjust, correct and it was counting me that whole time. It might have made the numbers increase but not a very real thing. And I haven’t had the counter since I started the blog so that factors into the stats counted. Geez, I really don’t like math problems. I did managed to stop it from counting me and even though I don’t regularly average but a smaller than handful views a day it has been interesting. I am always amazed when someone finds me from across the world even if by accident.
I had checked my counter on a Sunday during the last week in August and I realized I was going through a dry spell. I had kept plugging away unawares. There hadn’t been any views in maybe a week or so but then I noticed there was one view by someone in Russia that day. I was actually excited! Not a single view for so long and now this. I looked again, double –checked and Wow! I came running down the stairs and happily announced that someone in Russia had viewed my small post! I blathered how they had been there a whole minute 50 seconds! (That is a small bit of time if you are reading, isn’t it?) I was excited for about a minute 50 seconds. Then I started to figure it out. The adrenaline eased off and I calmed down enough to think of what really might have happened. I bet they had probably searched, hit my link, and went to refill their coffee. (Coffee in Russia? Is that the preferred drink? What about the time difference? It probably wasn’t morning). But then I thought what really happened was they got back after retrieving their desired beverage, realized my site wasn’t what they were looking for, and clicked out again – no reading involved but counted just the same for a minute 50 seconds. It didn’t matter. After my dry spell I was taking every little bit as encouragement.
So now I have hit my 500 limit and not sure if it would stay stuck at 500, reset to zero or just go away. Ah well, I’ll keep plugging away anyhow. But a big thanks to Russia and all the other randomly mistaken views from far-away and amazing places. From the map above you can see them.
I do need to say that as amazing as those views are, there is no doubt how much more important to me are the one(s) that have been so loyal and stayed viewing a whole minute 50 seconds with beverage already in hand.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT