Monday, November 2, 2009

Dreaming

For some reason I was thinking about dreams. I am not talking about the kind of dreams where I am asleep and have this movie going on in my head. I am not talking about the kind where that movie happens and I wake and try to figure out what it was all about. Not those. I haven’t had those lately or I don’t ever seem to remember them if I do. I am not sure why. I can speculate that it might be that I have so much going on in my head when I am awake that there isn’t any room left when I am sleeping. But that is just pure speculation. I don’t know why I don’t dream or why I don’t seem to remember them if I do.
I was thinking more of the other types of dreams, waking dreams, wishes and hopes. The kind that is something I can see sort of hazy, out there in my future somewhere. I am talking about the kind of dreams that I would like to have or aspire to at some point in the distance.
Maybe it is an odd thing to be thinking about but maybe not so much as the year wraps up and winds down. The time when everyone starts to think about what they want to do for the coming year. I am just always a little ahead of myself, that’s all.
I guess I was thinking how hard it is to make that dream out there in the hazy future into something real. It is the kind of thing that always seems to float out of reach. It seems I am softly pushing it away as I reach for it so it always stays those same safe paces away. I know these are things I really want but it is so hard to break them out of the dream box they are contained in once you get them close enough. It is so much safer to leave them in their own packaging. They are so nice and perfect there. How do I get them out of their hard shell and make it something truly mine that I can feel and see with my own hands and eyes.
It isn’t easy. It is much easier to leave them in the hazy distance to wish and admire and think how perfect they could be.
But it is only when I reach out and grab and smash it into reality that I find the goodies inside so well hidden and protected.
I have to smash through. The prize is not always what I might expect.
But it proves a prize just the same if I can find the courage to try and not just dream at arms length.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT