Sunday, November 29, 2009

Good addictions

Time seems to have gotten away from me this morning. I was working on my seventh piece and lost track of the time. I will tell you more about the pieces...or "shorts" as I have been calling them tomorrow.
But now, today...one more day off then back to a regular work-week. I am not really looking forward to it but it's only because I would rather be spending time on other things. Who wouldn't rather be spending time on other things?
I did finish a really good book yesterday. It has been a while since I spent that much time reading again. I may have been reading the wrong books or just wasn't in the right mind frame to be reading. It came back. Whatever I had lost for a while. I can tell I've gotten my voracious appetite for books back. It just clicked right back into place. I can't even tell you what triggered it. Maybe it was a good book.
And it seems I have started a new series. Yes. I try to read authors first book through current if at all possible. I had gone to a half-priced book store to find a suggested author but they only had the second book. Hmm…it didn’t take me long to buy it and go across the street to Barnes & Noble to pick up the first. So, the race is on so to speak. New author, new characters, new story lines. I am building my stash again (as Sonny calls it). He claims I am addicted to books so much so that I keep a stash of books so I never run out, never without my fix.
Can my books be my addiction?  Well, maybe.  But then wait...how many other addictions do I have? 
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT