Thursday, November 12, 2009

Ignorance isn't

Sept 14 – What’s it worth - I didn't have time and when I did I was too tired to put any words down of any worth.
Sept 6 – Chapter one countdown - I managed to run the entire 3 mile route in my neighborhood without much strain.
August 25 - Still have time - If I get myself into some proper shape I should be able to do the Zumba class and run that distance afterward. But wait, I need to slow down.
July 17 - Bonus - I went to class today and was not doing well. My stamina is off, my feet are cramping.

Are these my own words coming back to haunt me? Did I have tell-tale signs of a sluggish anemia creeping back at me that I chose to ignore? I was wondering just that recently. When I was diagnosed again with extreme anemia that I thought I had taken care of the end of last year, I started wondering how I could have missed any symptoms.
I felt completely broadsided when I had gone into a regular annual checkup last month and was told my iron numbers had plummeted to near transfusion levels again. I couldn’t believe it. I was just going in for my annual – yep – all if fine, you’re okay checkup. And then they tell me this iron deficiency is back again.
So, then I started thinking maybe I had ignored the signs and just thought I needed to work harder. I’m not convinced that is what I did even with the clips I have above. I can’t be sure.
I hope this doesn't happen again. I am going in this morning to hopefully take care of it once and for all. The doctor seemed absolutely positive that it would and after today I will only need to take my iron pills for an additional 30 days.
So that will be that.
Next.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT