Sunday, November 15, 2009

Is it on the list?

I am starting with my lists again. I admit to being a list-maker. Sometimes it’s mentally but when I have multiple tasks I want to accomplish I turn to my lists. I create lists of all the things I should and want to be doing. I keep separate lists of different tasks but then I sometimes combine the lists into a broad overview. It’s my method of putting some order into my chaos. It’s my method of being able to define the things I want to do and figure out how and when I can get them done.
My lists will range from short term tasks to long term achievements. I somehow am able to track progress from these reminders. They help me sort through my distractions while I am working on them.
I don’t lose my lists. I know exactly where they are when I need to add to them and where to find them when I need to be reminded what is on them. I don’t over-think them when I create them, I just keep them concise and to the point and honest.
It is always a pleasant discovery when I go back to my basic list and find there isn’t a need to change the tasks on it. The initial things I have put on this list are things I am still working on. They are things that are still important and bright and fun and a challenge. And yes…they all involve some type of work to be done on my part.
It is just another of my many tools or tricks I use on myself to get the important things done.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT