Sunday, November 8, 2009

Has to happen

I am afraid this post might be terribly disjointed. I have been trying to sneak moments to write. It has been one of those glorious days that there was just so much more life to fit in that I couldn’t find my time to get this together. But that is okay even if it is 12 hours later than I would normally post and I am still managing it somehow. And I was still able to fit in the glorious parts of life.

Part One: Hello, sunshine!
That was my silent greeting to the sun at 7:45 am this morning as I made my first mile running. I was able to get three full miles in and the inclines on that first section was going to beat me up. The sun helped pull me along and the song Welcome to the Black Parade by The Chemical Romance came on about that time. I was stoked but careful. I was probably going at a snails pace but I got it done, accomplished, cross-it-off the list for today.
Part Two: The plan
Today I am going over to see my oldest, Sonny’s, new house. He bought a brand new three bedroom, two stories home. I had seen a few pictures before he had gotten final approval and it looked lovely. There was a little stress on his part as the countdown of approval, closing, and finally the actual moving in took place. He has been there about two weeks and was hoping to have us over sooner but wanted to have more furniture in place. He decided since items weren’t going to be delivered for another 10 days or so he didn’t want us to wait.
Part Three: The game
(I brought my laptop to Sonny’s new house)
It is extremely difficult to try to put a thought together while everyone is watching a 50” plasma TV with surround sound. (The furniture isn’t here yet but the TV? It’s here.) It makes it even more difficult when it is tuned to a football game that everyone has gathered around and is into a very intense game. I guess it is intense. They were certainly yelling and standing, and sitting and yelling. I think that makes it pretty intense. And difficult for me to think but if I get a few thoughts down, I might be able to find a quiet moment later to put it together. Wow…almost half-time and an interception by our team, everyone on their feet, clapping, cheering. What, what happened? Now they are pitching questions at the television, still standing. Oh, is that what it was? A 56 yard field goal…by the right team. Okay. Thank goodness it’s half time! Oh what? They scored so I have to celebrate with a Negra Modelo. Not too bad.
Part Four: Resetting my desk
I have gotten my laptop all reconnected and everything put back in its proper place in my work area upstairs. I have spent whatever time I've needed to pull this together even 12 + hours after my usual post time but hey.  It was a great day. Start to finish and every single thing that happened in between made me smile.  It was no doubt a great day.
Not so good a post… but then…sometimes life has to happen.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT