Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Easy day

I still have today off from work and have been able to get the final round of grocery shopping done for the Thanksgiving Day feast. It is a feast, you know, with all the things on the menu and the few people actually coming to the table.
The store was wonderfully empty and with my list in hand I didn't spend too much time getting what was still needed. Now I have to ward off the overwhelming anxiety of wanting to start cooking. If I want everything to be as fresh as it should be I can't really start prepping things yet. So it's hand off until tomorrow.
I will go back to work tomorrow and it is a good way to keep me out of the kitchen until I get out about 2:30 tomorrow. I know I had it planned that way. Baking will take precedence with the corn bread and pies. Oh, what? Are you curious about the menu? Yes, I have it all planned. If you want to know the exact items being served you will need to check in that day - Thursday - where I will have it all listed.
But today I think I’ll take another easy day off. I will hopefully do not much of nothing if that is even possible. I might curl up with the next book I just started. I can get lost there for a good couple of hours. But I’m not going to think too hard about it.
I’ll just see how it goes.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT