Sunday, November 22, 2009

Plan in place

It was late yesterday when I called Sonny. I wanted to let him know I was planning on going to the grocery store early this morning to avoid the crowd to get things for Thanksgiving dinner. We had talked about having it at his brand new house this year and I didn't want him to go out and buy the same things I was planning on getting (like everything).
It turned out he suggested we head out together last night since it was later in the evening and the crowd should be thinning. It was a good plan.
We were able to go through our list pretty quickly. It is an excellent thing when we can collaborate so easily about these things. It helps that we have done this more than a number of times and there are few variations when it comes to the exact menu. I certainly have it down so pat it has become a non-stress event. Besides, I love having the entire day to cook.
So I will make one stop again to pick up produce items and things that were forgotten. There are always one or two things forgotten. I can do that Tuesday before I go back to work a short day Wednesday.
The plan will be I can start the stuffing/turkey early Thursday morning at home and transport to finish in Sonny’s oven. No one will need to get up any earlier than they would normally and I get to finish the rest of the cooking in his new kitchen.
It sounds like a plan.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT