Wednesday, May 20, 2009

So good...

I drove past the main entrance to the gym yesterday afternoon to get a parking spot. I noticed there were several gym employees setting up tables and getting ready for an open house they were hosting that night. I had the top down on the car and the radio cranked probably a tad too high. I parked, grabbed my bag and went on to the entrance. Just as I was going into the gym, one of the trainers that was setting up got my attention. He said, "Great day to be driving that car." I looked up and stated, "Every day is a great day to drive that car."
He didn't say anything and I hurriedly added, "Can you tell I love my car?" At that point his smile matched mine and he nodded as I went into the gym.

I was two miles into my run before I even realized I was half way done. I was thinking about the trainer when I remembered a year ago I had considered using a trainer because my motivation had left me at a low and I was hoping to change up my workout routines. I mentioned to Jay at the time that I was thinking of using a trainer to get back on track. He told me I knew all the things to do, I just needed to put them into action. He didn't think a trainer was necessary. He thought I just needed to get myself to the gym and I would be able to do it on my own.

A couple of days later my 27 year old son was at the house and I mentioned the trainer idea to him. I thought I would have an ally with him since he was always suggesting different weight training (which I never do) for me. I told him about hiring a trainer and I was surprised when he also thought I didn't need to go that route. I told him his Dad had said the same thing! "Well, come on Mom, he said. You just want some good-looking guy getting you all sweaty and telling you what to do."
"What! I hadn't even thought about that!"
He turned back to me and grinned as he was leaving. "Sure, you didn't."
I hadn't. Really.

I was well into the last 3/4's of a mile to complete the four I had planned on running. The workout had gone fairly easy. I had gotten past one 1/4 mile that was a little tough but was on the downstretch when I realized I was thinking about it now. I was thinking about the trainer idea and what Sonny had said.

What a great way to end a run.

TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT