Sunday, May 24, 2009

Extreme Combat

Yes. That is what the gym class was called. Two hours. Alternating 30 minutes of Zumba and what they called Extreme Combat. A mixture of kickboxing, martial arts and street fighting. Yeah, swagger, curl and move those fingers inward, come-on, come-on, with chin high. Bring it on. Show me what you got. Step forward and I'll lead with a power punch, smash with an upper cut and get the sweatest, burning workout you can imagine.

Whoa. Intense. And no, we didn't fight each other. It's all imaginary opponents. One of the best visual moves was: squat slightly, right knee bent. Hold out right arm straight down wih palm parallel to floor...yeah, the guy is on the floor and you're holding him down. Now, take the left arm and punch. Hard, repetitively...don't let him up...keep going. Okay, okay...back off. Now come back to reality, take the little hand towel they give you at the gym and mop up all the sweat you splattered on the floor because you've already been doing other moves and were already dripping wet.

Not very lady-like. Ppfffttt. No. But then we started out with Zumba...hmm. Mixture of latin salsa, rumba, belly dancing, hip moving choreography. Much more lady-like but with an attitude. Any way you look at it, it's a great workout and after two hours? Who would have thought I could have lasted the entire time? I just got too into it, I guess. I just thought it was awesome. It was fun. Am I sore today? You know, not as much as I thought I would be. Not any more than I was after the class yesterday. Maybe it will come on later. But then, I need to put in 5 miles today and am actually looking forward to it. I will probably go out and get that done now.

Extreme. Yeah.

TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT