Tuesday, May 19, 2009

So far...

It might be good to know I still seem ready for this new running plan. I actually had a rest day yesterday but was able to go to a class that I enjoy which gives me a good workout and I was able to run a mile afterward. It is amazing how much better I seem to feel when I get myself out there. All the things they say about exercise are all very true. Yes, it's hard, yes it takes time, yes motivation slips terribly but when you get into a groove were you are looking forward to doing it there seems to be added benefits. My mood changes for the better. I feel more energized. I feel better about myself and feel like I'm accomplishing something. It gives me a clearer head to think and put things into a better perspective. I'm not stressing and have something that I'm looking forward to by the end of the day. I've also found that no matter how tired I am at the end of that day, if I go ahead and workout, I feel better after than if I skip the gym and go home to "rest". I know I'll get a really good nights sleep after a work out on one of those tired days. It works.

So now I'm ready for the 4 miles I have scheduled for today. I'll have to let you know how it goes although I'm expecting it to be an easy run.

Oh, and I am brewing something with my writing but too soon to take the tea bag out yet. Let me get a couple more good runs in and I'll let you know where it's going.

TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT