Friday, May 8, 2009

Unlax

I seem to be having problems trying to focus lately. My mind seems to want to jump around, this, that, the other, all, what?, now, no later, no, not later back to now. See what I mean? It's nothing new. I do this from time to time. I think I might just have a bit too much extra time on my hands and me being me, I seem to feel like I have to fill every possible waking minute. Oh, I don't know...maybe not every minute but a good majority of them. I didn't realize that wasn't supposed to be what you do...the doing something all the time. Aren't you? But then I'm told to unlax (you know like unwind and relax all at the same time). Can you really do that? I don't think I'm very good at that. I'm not sure why.

It's especially hard when I know I'm keyed and know I need to slow down. It's like the other day...it went on for most of the morning. I made efforts to try to stop my madness. I stopped my coffee intake before 9:00am (when I can go on past 11:00) and made myself eat (which that also is about 11:00). It still took a while to actually bring myself down and I was trying. I was making a conscience effort. I knew I needed to slow. Whew! You'd think I would be exhausted. No...I just keep thinking I should have worked out. I probably needed the break since I had worked out 4 days in a row and had managed some good miles, but I kept going over it in my mind. I was thinking about a few other writing ideas, I was getting some things done at work, I was thinking I forgot to download some music I wanted, I was thinking about...like that.

But these things happen and I know they will happen to me again. It's unfortunate for the people around me since they don't have a clue when they talk to me. That is, they don't have a clue until it's too late and I've gone off in some weird direction in my head - but out loud. Maybe this blog isn't such a good idea. Maybe I shouldn't indulge myself with extra thoughts. Hmmm...let me think about that when I don't have 50,000 other things on my mind. It helps that it's Friday and a promise of happy hour which should help in the slowing process. No, don't worry...not too slow.

Oh fudge! Look at the time. I'm supposed to be off to something else already!

TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT