Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Lost idea

It's funny how sometimes you have this great idea and all you want to do is get it down, write it up, quick- grab a scrap of paper and scribble it before it goes right out of your head. That has happened to me before. I'll be driving or doing something at work and it will happen. This idea out of nowhere will present itself. I will go quiet and my eyes will focus on something in the distance and it will play there in my head.

I'll scramble for a pad and hope no one talks to me or the radio doesn't distract me before I can get the words down. Sometimes I'm lucky and I'm able to write the entire idea down. Sometimes, I have to wait until I can get to a spot where I can pause a minute and the idea becomes a focused chant running through my brain in a loop until the pad and pen are found. It's funny how it becomes a mad scramble so the thought isn't forgotten. It's even funnier when you come across that scrap of paper later. I mean much later. I'm talking cleaning out contents of your bag later and stopping yourself from throwing away one of those great ideas you scribbled down. Finding yourself pausing long enough to glance at the scrap of paper to realize it isn't an old grocery list. Or realizing it was an old grocery list that you used to scribble the idea on but saved just before your outstretched hand let it go into the trash. Pulling your hand back to glance at the words not in the organized order of a list. Oh - look at this. When did I write that? Not bad, uncrumble it, straighten it out and fold it properly and try to remember to put it with the other "official" notes you keep.

I didn't have one of those ideas today. But I found one.

TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT