Thursday, September 8, 2011

What did you say?

Have you ever done something just because it would take too much energy to refuse?  Nothing bad, of course, but something you don't particularly want to do or have no interest in.  The kind of thing you would normally pass on doing but for some reason the timing of the asking is at a point that your brain locks up and your mouth agrees before your brain can engage again in time to relay the message to your mouth that you don't have to do it!  By that time you have already vocalized a yes or an okay when your brain is screaming, what the heck did you just say!?!!
I think I might have done that two or three times today.  I don't know why my energy levels were so low.  I don't know why my brain was so slow to engage.  Why was my mouth making all the decisions?  Once I realized it, I tried to keep it shut.  Unfortunately, by that time it was too late.  The damage had already been done.  Not damage to anyone except myself, of course.  Then came the agonizing realization that there were two or three things I now had to do that were the last things at any time that I wanted to do.  The other option would be for me to go and explain why I couldn't/wouldn't be able to do those things.  But I didn't have the energy.  That is what had gotten me in that situation in the first place.  So, I was left with no choice but to do as I agreed.  Grudgingly.  Not that anyone would have known that was the manner these things would get done. I didn't let on to that.  Almost the same way I didn't let on that I really didn't want to do them in the first place.  That was when I realized how low my energy levels were and now I had absolutely drained them.
That was when an old thought went through my head.  Something to the effect of...when first you practice to deceive...  What was it?  What came after that or before?  Ah, the heck with it.  I'm too tired to try to remember it now and quite frankly, I'm refusing.
Sure.  Now I refuse.
TT 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT