Thursday, September 1, 2011

Notice this

I have been going back and forth with Nike+ by email.  I am having a problem with the fact that they will send me a notification that a challenge I am in is ending soon.  That isn't the problem.  I have actually set up my preferences for it to do that.  It should be sending me a notification whenever a challenge is ending or I am getting close to the end of a goal I have set up.  That is the way the site is supposed to work.  I should be getting these notifications and I am getting notifications.
So you are asking, "what's the problem?"
Hopefully, you might be able to understand it better than the support person at Nike+.  I am getting notifications, yes, but they are NOT for challenges I am participating in.  Is that hard to understand?  Somehow, somewhere, something has been crossed and I have received notifications for two challenges I am NOT participating in and not the three challenges I AM participating in.  What happened to the notifications I should have received and why am I getting random notifications for others?  Sounds like there is a problem and that's why I contacted Nike+ support. 
I have been spending the past couple of mornings trying to get my nice, polite support person to stop trying to brush it off as if I didn't know what I was talking about and figure out why this is happening!  He finally sent me a note today saying...oh...I see two notifications you received for challenges you are not participating in!  Well, duh!  Isn't that what I told you in my very first e-mail?
So now I am needing to wait since he explained it would take some research and he didn't have an ETA on a resolution.  I'll give him a little time but he ain't getting off the hook that easy.  I know how to follow-up.  At least it hasn't affected my run stats.  How about 100.7 miles total in August? 
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT