Saturday, September 10, 2011

Any other phrases?

Up and running.
A fairly well-used phrase.  I believe more abstractly than literally but not for me, not this morning.  I literally got up, had a cup of coffee, the power went out at home, and I went for a run.  It was pretty much I got up and went running.  Up and running.  Saturday mornings are supposed to be that way.  Sunday mornings too, and really any day I don't have to be at work.  It's that time when I have time.  The weather tries to cooperate and I can get in my long run of the week. 
I knew I needed it this morning.  I have been running 25 miles a week for the past few weeks and I had 20 miles clocked but I had also missed three days.  I wanted to get up and run 7 miles this morning to put me slightly over my 25 miles for the week. (I count my weeks Sunday through Saturday).  So I got up, set my sensor for seven miles and headed out.  The weather was in full cooperation with a mild 65 degrees.  I had mapped out my route in my head.  I was up and running.  The whole time I kept thinking I really wanted to run 10 miles instead of seven.  As I went along I replotted my route to try to get in the extra three miles.  If I ran this and looped again but not as far and if I needed to bail I could still turn at this point...  Then I just didn't think about it anymore and did it.  Yes.  The 10 miles.  I not only got my 25 miles for the week but up'd it to 30 miles this week.  I haven't done a ten mile run this entire year.  The longest I have run this year was 8 miles back on May 7th.  I had done 11 miles back in November last year a week after I officially ran the Half Marathon.  That's it.  (Well, I mean that's it for the long runs...lot's of short 3-4 miles inbetween).  So I am feeling pretty good about that.  I am feeling really good about the 10 miles.  It's been a long time coming which is another fairly well-used phrase.  I'll use them all day as long as they apply.  Today, these seem to apply.  Up and running and a long time coming.  Both well worth the time and the doing.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT