Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Sept: Week One

I am already (along with everyone else, I suppose) into the first week of September with today being the 7th.  I thought I would go over my running stats as of this morning to see what I have been up to since seven days makes a full week and all, even though today is just starting out for me right now.
The first of September was on a Thursday. It looks like I had previously taken the last few days off from running at the end of August so my first day of the month I was at the gym and ran 4.29 miles.  Friday afternoon came around an hour earlier for me since I took that hour off at the end of the day to start my three day weekend.  I headed to the gym and ran 4.54 miles.  Saturday morning I was trying to be more ambitious and since I was free to run outdoors I had a really hard run of 7.89 but I was paying double for it with over-worn running shoes which were causing problems with my feet.  It was a tough run I'm none too proud of and was kicking myself for knowing better about replacing those old shoes.  My feet are paying that price!  I went out that very afternoon and bought new running shoes. 
Sunday morning at 7:30am I headed out my front door again and had a much better run of 5.48 miles.  Then Monday rolled around with yet another day off but with me nursing a fuzzy head and a later start time.  After some minor indecision about going out to run at all, the milder change in the temperatures pushed me out the door and I was able to redeem by Saturday morning torture run with a gorgeous day pleasure run of 7.2 miles.  Talk about a great way to clear my head!  The new shoes were making a big difference, too.  That brings me to yesterday, Tuesday.  I was back at work and afterward headed out to the gym with intentions of getting a 4 miler in on the treadmill.  It turned into a 7.28 mile run.  Again the new shoes?  I can't really say what got me going yesterday but I went!  That brings me to today, Wednesday the 7th, and I guess I know there is a possibility I may not be able to run today since I have an appointment after work.
That brings my total miles to date at 36.71.  Simple averages for 6 days would put me at 6.11 miles per day but since I may/may not be able to add anything to that total an average would for 7 days would be 5.24 miles per day.  Still.  Not bad averages for me for one week!  If I put last months total miles to that average test I had 100.7 miles with 31 days in August...that put me at 3.24 miles per day.  A 5K a day?  Not too bad either, I don't think!
Breakdown in miles for Sept: 
1st    4.29
2nd   4.54   
3rd    7.89
4th    5.48
5th    7.2
6th    7.28
Total   35.71
Happy running!
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT